The experience of smoking and eating cannabis is overall the same but the kick up time depends on how your body handles the process. When cannabis is vaped or smoked, the body absorbs the cannabinoids including THC and CBD directly via lungs. These compounds instantly enter your bloodstream, so high peaks in less than fifteen minutes.
On the other hand, cannabis eatables have to go through the digestion process including stomach, intestine and liver. Finally, it enters the bloodstream, so the effect takes 1 or 2 hours to kick up. It also depends on the kind of eatable product, your tolerance, and metabolism.
CBD versus THC
You can even say heal versus high. Cannabidiol [CBD] extracted from hemp is used to treat multiple therapeutic conditions. Unlike, THC it does not generate the intoxicating or stoned effect.
Therefore, if you desire not to end up with a product that triggers a high or is illegal then make sure to check description and labels. Ensure that you buy CBD edibles from a reputable brand and online suppliers.
What are CBD consumables?
- CBD consumables are available in a variety of forms ranging from honey to chocolate.
- Delicious treats that can be enjoyed along with extra therapeutic benefits of the cannabidiol inside.
- CBD extracted from industrial hemp that contains only .3% THC.
- Only hemp based CBD consumables are legal in every state as no psychoactive effects get produced.
- People make use of CBD oil to make their own eatables like cake, smoothie, or even add in salads.
The THC consumables have their own benefits but produce high. They are illegal and hold THC in high level. Remember, THC eatables can be labelled as CBD consumables. These are made from marijuana extracted oil, so will contain high THC level.
How to enjoy CBD consumables?
- Purchase from legitimate dispensary selling lab tested consumable with CBD level listed.
- New consumers must never try CBD consumables on empty stomach.
- Start low and slow.
- Wait for the CBD brownie or cupcake to peak prior eating another serving.
Healing benefits of CBD eatables
CBD has proven to relieve and treat various ailments like –
- Chronic pain
- Sleep issues
Eatables are tasty alternatives for those seeking it for relief but dislike the taste of CBD oil itself. Not only people with medical conditions but those who wish to maintain optimal health can use it.
Pharmaceutical drugs can have potential side effects but CBD eatables are great alternative. Side effects are rare and mild including fatigue or diarrhea or change in weight. THC free, CBD eatables are not addictive, so can help people quit addiction. It does not build tolerance and overdose casualty is still not reported.
Regulations associated with CBD products
CBD is rapidly becoming an integral part of healing treatment because of increase in awareness about its medical benefits amongst society and scientific field. Unfortunately, its legal status is surrounded with gray areas that have limited the undertaking of large scale clinical research.
Extensive research is crucial to assert with confidence the CBD efficiency in treating as well as preventing diseases. World Health Organization, recent study reveals that CBD is not risky to human health.
You can say that CBD can have a promising career in futuristic medicine!